- Summer Reading
Library Summer Fun
Click here to sign up for kids 0-Grade 5, or scroll down for information.
Click here for kids going into Grades 6-8.
Click here for high school students.
Click here for adults.
Haga clic aquí para español.
Join our summer reading program and read for prizes! Sign up now!
Did you guess the answer to riddle in the video: why did the rooster cross the road? Because he wanted to show he wasn't a chicken.
Don't miss these programs:
Matt Sandbank's Show Factory
Shadow Puppet Show
MON, JUNE 7
Did you miss the shadow puppet show? Click here & use Passcode: ?2b%B7qG to see it!
Shadow Puppet Workshop
SAT, JUNE 12
10:00-11:00 a.m. (click here for Zoom details)
If you liked the shadow puppet show and want to learn to make shadow puppets of your own, join this workshop! Pick up a Grab-and-Go Kit at the library starting THUR, JUNE 10, with all the supplies you'll need.
Grab-and-Go Craft Kits
Thursdays, JUNE 10-JULY 29
12:00 p.m. at Jackson Main Library
and at the Alta Branch
While supplies last!
JUNE 5-12, all week during library hours
Saturdays, JUNE 19-JULY 24
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Youth Wing Outdoor Area (weather permitting)
How summer reading works for grades K-5 and 6-8:
- Track reading minutes and complete activities online.
- Don’t want to track online? No problem! Pick up a paper Reading Tracker from the library to fill in as you read. When it's all colored in, bring it to the library (and pick up another one if you'd like!).
- Read for 60 minutes, log your minutes, and earn a virtual raffle ticket.
- Complete an activity and earn a virtual raffle ticket. When you read for an activity, track those minutes because they count too!
- We will release two new activities every Thursday, so log in often for more chances to earn raffle tickets!
- We'll have raffle prize drawings every week! All winners will be notified by phone.
- Raffle prizes include: lego sets, giant stuffed animals, bike lights, remote controlled cars, binoculars, and more!
- Last day to log minutes and complete challenges is SUN, AUG 1, by 6 p.m.
Kids aged birth to Pre-K:
Pick up a Reading Tracker coloring sheet to track every 20 minutes you read (or are read to!). When you fill up the Reading Tracker, bring it to the library (and get another reading tracker if you'd like!).
Library Summer Fun is generously supported by YOUR gifts to Old Bill’s Fun Run and the Carolyn and Chuck Miller Charitable Fund.