Library Summer Fun Grades 6-8
Don't miss these programs:
Shadow Puppet Show
MON, JUNE 7
1:00 p.m. (click here for Zoom details)
Enjoy this virtual performance by shadow puppeteer Matt Sandbank.
Shadow Puppet Workshop
SAT, JUNE 12
10:00-11:00 a.m. (click here for Zoom details)
If you liked the shadow puppet show and want to learn to make shadow puppets of your own, join this workshop! Pick up a Grab-and-Go Kit at the library starting THUR, JUNE 10, with all the supplies you'll need.
Grab-and-Go Craft Kits
Wednesdays, JUNE 16 (Drawbots) & JULY 7 (Automaton)
12:00 p.m. at Jackson Main Library
and at the Alta Branch
While supplies last!
JUNE 5-12, all week during library hours
Saturdays, JUNE 19-JULY 24
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Youth Wing Outdoor Area (weather permitting)
How summer reading works for grades 6-8:
- Track reading minutes and complete activities online.
- Don’t want to track online? No problem! Pick up a paper Reading Tracker from the library to fill in as you read. When it's all colored in, bring it to the library (and pick up another one if you'd like!).
- Read for 60 minutes, log your minutes, and earn a virtual raffle ticket.
- Complete an activity and earn a virtual raffle ticket. When you read for an activity, track those minutes because they count too!
- We will release two new activities every Thursday, so log in often for more chances to earn raffle tickets!
- We'll have raffle prize drawings every week! All winners will be notified by phone.
- Raffle prizes include: lego sets, LED light strips, bike lights, remote controlled cars, binocular adventure kits, and more!
- Last day to log minutes and complete challenges is SUN, AUG 1, by 6 p.m.
Library Summer Fun is generously supported by YOUR gifts to Old Bill’s Fun Run and the Carolyn and Chuck Miller Charitable Fund.