Food for Fines
All November long, library cardholders may pay off their overdue fines by bringing non-perishable food items (including pet food for our furry friends) to either the Jackson or Alta Branches. This amnesty program applies to late fines but does not include fees for lost or damaged library materials or other library fees.
People Served Through Donations
The food donations go to the following food banks:
- Donations from the Teton County Library go to the Jackson Cupboard.
- Donations from the Alta Branch Library go to the Teton Valley Food Pantry.
What to Bring
Food Items that are not expired more than one year:
- Baby foods and formula (these items cannot be expired)
- Baking items- cooking oils, flours, spices, sugar, etc.
- Canned and dry pastas (regular and gluten free)
- Canned fish & meats
- Canned or powdered milk
- Canned ravioli
- Condiments- mustard, mayo, and ketchup
- Dry beans
- Dry spaghetti and pasta
- Drinks- coffee, tea and juice
- Hearty soups
- Instant rice
- Instant potatoes
- Jell-O and pudding
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter and jellies
- Snacks- bars, crackers, nuts, rice cakes, trail mix, etc.
- Tomato Products
- Cleaning supplies- dish soap, laundry soap, sponges, etc.
- Cooking Supplies/Utensils- can openers, aluminum foil, etc.
- Diapers and wipes
- First Aid products
- Feminine hygiene products
- Personal hygiene products- razors, hand soap, deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste/brushes, etc.
- Pet food & supplies
Questions? Contact Rachel Daluge, Jackson Cupboard Operations Director (307) 699-2163 or email@example.com.
What not to bring
- Please no items expired more than 3 years old.
- No open or ½ used products.
- No severely dented cans.
- No candy or sugar sweetened drinks. If possible, pop-top lids.
- Please no restaurant-sized cans.
PO Box 1622 Jackson, WY 83001