Locals Helping Locals Food Drive
All through May, community members are invited to bring non-perishable to either the Jackson Main Library or Alta Branch.
People Served Through Donations
The food donations go to the following food banks:
- Donations from the Teton County Library go to the Jackson Cupboard.
- Donations from the Alta Branch Library go to the Teton Valley Food Pantry.
What to Bring
Jackson Cupboard is especially in need of:
- marinara sauce (jars)
- mac 'n' cheese
- canned vegetables
- Ensure protein drink (vanilla)
- laundry soap
- dish soap
- feminine products
But will also accept:
- Baby foods and formula (these items cannot be expired)
- Baking items- cooking oils, flours, spices, sugar, etc.
- Canned and dry pastas (regular and gluten free)
- Canned fish & meats
- Canned or powdered milk
- Canned ravioli
- Condiments- mustard, mayo, and ketchup
- Dry beans
- Dry spaghetti and pasta
- Drinks- coffee, tea and juice
- Hearty soups
- Instant rice
- Instant potatoes
- Jell-O and pudding
- Macaroni and cheese
- Peanut butter and jellies
- Snacks- bars, crackers, nuts, rice cakes, trail mix, etc.
- Tomato Products
- Cleaning supplies- dish soap, laundry soap, sponges, etc.
- Cooking Supplies/Utensils- can openers, aluminum foil, etc.
- Diapers and wipes
- First Aid products
- Feminine hygiene products
- Personal hygiene products- razors, hand soap, deodorant, toilet paper, toothpaste/brushes, etc.
- Pet food & supplies
What not to bring
- Please no items expired more than 3 years old.
- No open or ½ used products.
- No severely dented cans.
- No candy or sugar sweetened drinks. If possible, pop-top lids.
- Please no restaurant-sized cans.