Free Tax Prep
off your list!
JAN 29- APR 10
TUES, WEDS, SAT
Wednesdays, 3-7 p.m.
Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m.
Saturdays, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
We know the NEW Tax Laws!
What you need to bring
- Government issued photo ID
- Social security cards or ITIN letters for taxpayers and dependents
- Prior year’s tax return (bring copy)
- All W-2, 1095 (health insurance) and 1099 forms for the tax year
- Bank account numbers for direct deposit
- Evidence for deductions such as mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable contributions and medical expenses
- Receipts for child care expenses, and the provider’s tax ID number
What we prepare
- Income limit guidelines: single $72,000, 2 persons $82,300, 3 persons $92,600 and 4 persons $103,000
- Federal and Idaho state taxes
- Tax credits
- Self-employed, without employees
- Itemized deductions
- Stocks and bonds
- Retirement income
- Uber, Lyft, etc.
What we don't prepare
- Rentals, Airbnb, depreciation, Bitcoin, Schedule C with loss
- CA & NY state returns
- Very complex returns
- 1040 Non-Residents (J-1, H2B, etc.)
3 Ways to get 'em done:
WED, JAN 30-APR 12, 3-7 p.m.
Tax preparer works on your forms with you present
Offered first come, first served
We’ve got buzzers (like at busy restaurants), so you can browse the library while you wait!
TUES, JAN 29-APR 9, 4-7 p.m.
SAT, FEB 2-APR 6, 10 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- No appointment necessary
- Drop off your tax information at the Computer Lab
- Briefly meet with tax preparer
- Complete a questionnaire
- Leave your required documents
- We complete your tax return (we may call you with any questions)
- We'll call or text you when your return is complete to review and sign documents
Self-preparation with assistance
- Do your own taxes online, using myfreetaxes.com
- Brought to you by United Way and H & R Block
- Work on your own, and stop in to ask questions or have us help, as needed
- Assistance available during any of the TUES, WED, or SAT times above
- Free to household income of $66,000 or less, nominal free for higher income
- All state tax returns (also free)
- May prepare rentals, Schedule E, Airbnb income
- Electronic filing (requires prior tax return Adjusted Gross Income)
- Printed return
- If unable to efile, may print/sign/mail return