...for thinking of the library when it comes to donating your books and media in good to excellent condition.
Please note: we are temporarily unable to accept paperback books as donations!
We ACCEPT :
· Current and former bestsellers, both fiction and nonfiction
· Hardback and softcover classic literature
· Children's titles
· Historical materials related to Wyoming and Jackson Hole
· CD books
· Popular Music CDs
· Vinyl record albums
We DON’T ACCEPT:
· VHS tapes, cassette tapes, or homemade CDs and DVDs
· Items in poor condition with yellow or torn pages, broken bindings, highlighted text, water damaged or mildewed
· Outdated textbooks
· Magazines, including National Geographic
· Reader's Digest condensed books
· Out-of-date nonfiction, especially travel guides or technology
· Electronics of any kind
· Plastic bins or crates (please bring your donated items in cardboard boxes or bags)
· What to do with this stuff? Teton County Recycling accepts magazines, tapes, DVDs and CDs, electronics, and books not meeting the Nook’s criteria. More information on what they accept may be found HERE.
What we do with donations
While some donations do get chosen by library staff for the permanent collection, most items get passed along to the Teton County Library Friends. The Friends sort through these items and may add them to the Friends Book Nook in the library lobby, distribute them through the book bike, JH Airport bookshelf, Sprout Mobile, and Little Free Libraries, or share them with other local and regional organizations.
Any books that we choose to add to the collections must also meet our regular selections criteria as outlined in our Materials Selection Policy.