December 20, 2013
TETON COUNTY LIBRARY BOARD MEETING
Teton County Library Board Meeting Minutes Approved 1/16/2014
Thursday, December 20, 2013 12:00 PM
Teton County Library is the community’s open door to a world of opportunity and fulfillment, through resources, programs and services that connect inspire and educate.
***Where appropriate, staff and public comments will be taken prior to board discussion***
President Clark Heindl called the meeting to order.
Board members-Audrey Hagen, Carol Peck and Lisa Delaney
TC Commission liaison-Melissa Turley
TCL Foundation staff-Missy Falcey and Pauline Towers-Dykeman
Friends of TCL Board President-John Hebberger
TCL staff-Deb Adams, Isabel Zumel, Julia Hysell and Sally McCullough
Section 215 Report-No requests
· Minutes from November 21, 2013
· December vouchers
· Director’s Report
· Foundation Report
· Foundation Amended FY14 Budget
Action Item: Approve Consent Agenda-Audrey moved to approve, Carol seconded, all voted in favor.
· Recommendation on library positions within County salary structure-see attached.
Deb reviewed the recommendation for the Board. Melissa asked the Board if they approve it today, could they then take it to the TC Commission on Monday morning for their review, before it takes effect. There is not a clear procedure on reclassifying jobs and informing them will help in planning next year’s budget. Some discussion followed and it was agreed to delay approval until after the Commission meeting. The TCL Board will continue today’s meeting until Monday, December 23, 2013 at 10:00 AM, to vote on the recommendation.
· Action Item: Approve updated position classifications-No motion.
· Board recruitment work
· February Board workshop with John Heymann- Will be on Thursday, February 20th, following the board meeting and will include Friends & Foundation boards.
· Engagement with Staff
· Follow up with Friends & Foundation Boards
· Action Item: Approve 2014 Board Meeting schedule-Carol moved to approve, Audrey seconded, all voted in favor.
Executive Session – Personnel matter
· Lisa made a motion to go into Executive Session
· The board discussed a personnel issue, no actions were taken.
· Lisa made a motion to come out of Executive Session, Carol seconded, all voted in favor
· Lisa made a motion to continue today’s meeting until Monday, December 23rd at 10:00 AM, Carol seconded, all voted in favor.
· Lisa made a motion to adjourn, Carol seconded, all voted in favor.
Continued Teton County Library Board Meeting
Monday, December 23, 2013 10:00 AM
Teton County Library
There was not a quorum in attendance, meeting closed.