Print this page
Connect to Local Resources
- Target Age groups:
PK-K = Pre Kindergarten & Kindergaten | ES = Elementary Students | MS = Middle School | HS = High School
Resources for Reading, Math and Homework Help
- Schools Media Centers.
- Reading level appropriate books, games and
online resources. Elementaries: Jackson 733-5302, Colter 733-9651,
Kelly 733-2955, Moran 543-2438, Wilson 733-3077, Alta 353-2472.
JHMS 733-4234, JHHS 732-3745, Summit 733-9116.
- Teton County Library.
- 733-2164. Children’s books, Early Literacy
Room. Storytimes and crafts. Summer Reading Program, Book Clubs,
special school programs, cultural events and guest speakers.
- Teton Literacy Center.
- 733-9242. After-school small group and
one-on-one tutoring for remedial readers, after-school and summer
- Tutoring during extended day programs.
- Private Tutors
Resources for Arts, Sports, Nature and Leadership Programs (Most of these agencies offer scholarships based on need)
- The Art Association of Jackson Hole.
- 733-6379. Art classes.
- Boy Scouts of America - Grand Teton Council.
- 733-3086. Character development-based outdoor activities program.
- Center of Wonder.
- 413-1800. Programs that connect children and adults to nature and the arts.
- Dancers’ Workshop.
- 733-6398. Dance classes and workshops.
- Girls Actively Participating! (GAP!)
- 734-8528. Program focused on increasing adolescent girls’ self-esteem.
- Girl Scout Council of Wyoming.
- 733-0466 (Amy Morton). Scouting
programs about nature, science and explore arts and community.
- Grand Teton Music Festival.
- 733-3050. Performances, individual
instruction, master classes and workshops for students.
- InterConnections 21 (IC 21).
- 733-0549. Opportunities to learn about
global issues and ways students and teachers can take action.
- Jackson Hole Figure Skating Club.
- 733-6677. Ice skating classes.
Theater on ice, ice dancing and free style classes.
- Axis Gymnastics.
- 732-2947. Gymnastics classes and gym.
- Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum.
Information and activities about the beginnings of Jackson Hole,
Trappers, Dude Ranchers, Homesteaders, Adventurers, and Characters.
- Jackson Hole Jewish Community.
- 734-1999. Programs that teach the
values of Jewish culture, how to read Hebrew, celebrate Shabbat, the
Jewish holidays and lifecycle events.
- Jackson Hole Ski & Snowboard Club.
- 733-6433. Alpine, Nordic,
Freestyle, Snowboard, Bike & Skateboard programs.
- Jackson Hole Youth Soccer.
- 200-6034. Recreational soccer league to
improve player’s coordination, agility, technique, and decision-making.
- Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival.
- 733-7016. Integrating art, film
and literature with earth sciences and natural history.
- National Museum of Wildlife Art.
- 733-5771. Exhibits, family and
grade level specific programs.
- Off Square Theatre Company.
- 733-3021. Performances, exploring
acting through theatre games, character, and movement.
- Teton County 4-H.
- 733-3087. Leadership, citizenship, and life skills
programs through participation in various projects.
- Teton County / Jackson Parks and Recreation.
- 739-9025. Team
activities: flag football, basketball and soccer. Sports development
and instruction programs: swimming, tennis, gymnastics, baseball,
softball, rock climbing, skateboarding, and in-line skating.
- Teton Mentor Project.
- 690-2581. One-to-one mentoring program that
connects adult volunteers with local students and supports them to build
a positive relationship of care and trust.
- Teen Power: jhteenpower.org
- Connects teenagers to community
members through jobs.
- Teton Science Schools.
- 733-1313. Place-based, experiential education
opportunities that connect students with nature. Teaching from fostering
leadership skills to building awareness of wildlife issues.
- Teton Valley Ranch Camp.
- 733-2958. Opportunities for fun and
education through recreational activities in a western environment.
- Van Vleck House - Kid’s Club.
- 733-6440. Games and activities that
provide fun and enrichment to children after-school.
- Wyoming Karate Club.
- 739-8812. Karate classes.
Resources for College Preparation
- Counselors at High Schools.
- Teton County scholarship booklet.
JHHS 732-3709, JHMS 733-4234, Journeys 734-3711,
JHCommunity School 733-5427
- Teton County Library.
- 733-2164. College Prep Program.
- Central Wyoming College.
- 733-7425. Gear Up Program, College
programs, credit and non-credit courses. GED Courses and Testing.
- University of Wyoming.
- 734-0224. University’s educational programs.
- Employers, church groups, clubs offering activities and scholarships.