Explore - Spirit
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
WonderpolisThis website captures the spirit of the child, always curious, always wondering. Does matter really matter? How do pets find home? Why don’t spiders get caught in their website? These are just a few of the intriguing questions explored.
Reading is FundamentalAn early literacy website “where young children discover the world of reading and grownups enjoy the journey.” Young children can read, sing, play, and explore a variety of subjects and books. Also in Spanish.
We Give BooksThis website, created by the Penguin Group and the Pearson Foundation, combines the promotion of literacy and the concept of giving. It enables children to read a book online and after doing so, a physical book will be donated to a child in need through literacy programs around the world.
- The three questions : based on a story by Leo
- Author:: Muth, Jon J
- Summary:Nikolai asks his animal friends to help him answer three important questions: “When is the best time to do things?“ “Who is the most important?“ and “What is the right thing to do?“
- Call #: J PICTURE MUTH J
- The golden rule / by Ilene Cooper ; illustrated by Gabi Swiatkowska.
- Author:Steiner, Stanley F
- Summary:: Grandpa explains that the golden rule is a simple statement on how to live that can be practiced by people of all ages and faiths, then helps his grandson figure out how to apply the rule to his own life.
- Call #: J PICTURE COOPER I
- Only one you
- Author: Kranz, Linda
- Summary:Adri promises to remember his parents’ words of wisdom about how to live his life, such as “Find your own way. You don’t have to follow the crowd” and “Make wishes on the stars in the nighttime sky.“
- Call #:J PICTURE KRANZ L
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.