Explore - Community
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
PBS KidsA Mr.Roger’s game building neighborhood with insightful parent tips.
Family SearchActivities to engage kids about their family history.
YoungzineYoungzine is a site where children can learn about current news and events shaping their community.
- On the town : a community adventure
- Author:Caseley, Judith.
- Summary:Charlie and his mother walk around the neighborhood doing errands so that Charlie can write in his notebook about the people and places that make up his community.
- Call #: J PICTURE CASELEY J
- Promoting a global community through multicultural children’s literature
- Author:Steiner, Stanley F
- Summary:Explore issues, such as conflict resolution among different cultural groups and the status of refugees in society, through more than 800 annotations of titles with compelling reflections of the social issues of diverse cultures.
- Call #: J REF 016 STEINER
- Empty fridge
- Author: Doremus, Gaetan
- Summary:A quirky picture book that taps into strong themes in children’s lives: the love of food and cooking, sharing, and the importance of good friends and neighbors.
- Call #: J PICTURE DOREMUS G
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.