Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
Picasso HeadA digital tool that allows users to create their own masterpieces using famous features drawn by Picasso.
TesselationsA cool website that explains what tessellations are and how to create you own.
PBS CreativeA place for parents and their children to explore creativity.
Invention At PlayThis website explores the playful side of invention.
Musica en al calaThis Spanish-language site offers games and activities to help young people learn about music, reading music, instruments, and sounds. Este sitio les ofrece a los jovenes juegos y actividades que les enseñará acerca de la música, leer música, los instrumentos, y los sonidos.
- Think big
- Author: Scanlon, Elizabeth Garton.
- Summary: A classroom of exuberant youngsters explores art in its most varied forms, from painting, music, and writing to cooking and performing.
- Call #: J PICTURE SCANLON E
- Robotics : discover the science & technology of the future with 20 projects
- Author: Ceceri, Kathy.
- Summary: A fun and educational introduction to the exciting field of robotics the science of designing, building, and operating robots gives kids the basic tools for creating their own robots using ordinary craft materials and parts salvaged from recycled toys and other household devices.
- Call #: J 629.892 CECERI K
- Cool collage : the art of creativity for kids!
- Author: Hanson, Anders
- Summary: A fun and informative book introduces young readers to basic concepts of creating a collage.
- Call #: J 702.812 HANSON A
- Cool printmaking : the art of creativity for kids
- Author: Hanson, Anders
- Summary: A fun and informative book introduces young readers to basic concepts of printmaking.
- Call #: J 760.28 HANSON A
- Make-believe : games and activities for imaginative play : a book for parents, teachers, and the young children in their lives
- Author: Singer, Dorothy G.
- Summary: This lively, how-to guide contains more than 100 games and activities that parents, teachers, and other adults can use to stimulate the imagination and a sense of play in preschool-age children.
- Call #: J 372.13 SINGER
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.