Explore - Adventure
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
MomaGo visit the Museum of Modern Art in New York City with an alien from outer space. Doesn’t that sound like an adventure?
Brookfield ZooTake an environmental adventure with four local children through the Ituri Forest in central Africa.
Ultimate AdventuresLearn about the ultimate adventurers from the free solo climbers and mountaineers of the highest peaks to the surfers of the big barrels of the sea.
Nat GeoHere are some fantastic videos from National Geographic’s collections that let you explore different cultures, places and people.
- Explorers : great tales of adventure and endurance
- Author: Macleod, Alasdai
- Summary: From the first people to leave Africa to the first to leave the planet, the urge to explore the unknown has driven human progress. DK’s Explorers tells the story of humanity’s explorations, taking the reader into the lives of some of the most intrepid people ever know.
- Call #: J 910.922 MACLEOD A
- Voyager : an adventure to the edge of the solar system
- Author:Ride, Sally
- Summary: Full-color photographs from the NASA files. Astronaut Sally Ride describes one of NASA’s greatest accomplishments: the 12-year interplanetary flight of the Voyager space probes. Ride gives an insider’s account of the mission, the spacecraft, and some of their truly remarkable discoveries.
- Call #: J 523.4 RIDE
- So you want to be an explorer?
- Author:St. George, Judith
- Summary: So you want to be an explorer? What does it take, you ask? To find out, take a look at Judith St. George and David Small’s witty collection of some of the best explorers the world has ever known.
- Call #: J PICTURE ST. GEORGE J
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.