Explore - Story
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
Story BlocksGet your child ready to read! Watch short videos modeling songs, rhymes, and fingerplays. Each video includes helpful early literacy tips and is sorted by age groups (babies, toddlers, and preschoolers).
The Story HomeThis site that provides original and classic children’s audio stories for free. Find classic, originals, podcasts, featured authors, holiday stories, animal stories, storytelling tips and more on this fun filled site.
Story NoryOnline audio stories that are free to download. You will find a mixture of new stories, fairy tales, and specially adapted myths and histories, and poetry.
Leading to ReadingAn early literacy website “where young children discover the world of reading and grownups enjoy the journey.” Young children can read, sing, play, and explore a variety of subjects and books. Also available in Spanish.
- The best story
- Author:Eileen Spinelli ; illustrations by Anne Wilsdorf.
- Summary:When a contest at the local library offers a prize for the best story, a girl tries to write one using her family’s suggestions, but her story does not seem right until she listens to her heart.
- Call #: J PICTURE SPINELLI E
- S is for story : a writer’s alphabet
- Author:Esther Hershenhorn
- Summary:Writer’s tips and inspiring quotes from award-winning authors dot the entries. All facets of being and becoming a writer at any level are introduced in rhyme and explained in simple text.
- Call #: J PICTURE HERSHENHORN E
- Drop Everything and write
- Author:Linda Leopold Strauss
- Summary:Drop everything and write! : an easy breezy guide for kids who want to write a story.
- Call #:J 808.02 STRAUSS L
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.