Explore - Place
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
FUNdamentalsThis website shows kids the basics and FUNdamentals to creating their own garden place.
Grand Teton National ParkExplore our backyard, Grand Teton National Park.
Smithsonian’s Natural History MuseumSmithsonian’s Natural History Museum website is a great site for gaining an understanding of the natural world and our place in it.
EcosystemsLearn what other places are like, their ecosystems and the flora and fauna that inhabit the place.
- Four wheels west : a Wyoming number book
- Author:Gagliano, Eugene M.
- Summary:Journey through Four Wheels West: A Wyoming Number Book and you’ll learn there are only five people per square mile in Wyoming! Count your way past oil rigs, bison herds and horned lizards as you are introduced to Wyoming’s history, landscapes and culture.
- Call #: J PICTURE GAGLIANO E
- I Know a Place
- Author:Ackerman, Karen
- Summary:A child describes a place where all the rooms have warmth, comfort, and love, and it turns out to be home.
- Call #: J PICTURE ACKERMAN K
- Down to earth : garden secrets! garden stories! garden projects you can do!
- Author:Rosen, Michael J.
- Summary:The variety of ideas, stories, styles, and illustrations makes the book a wonderful resource for gardening projects, class lessons, and story hours, as well as just plain reading enjoyment.
- Call #: J 635 DOWN
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.