Explore - Poetry
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
Shel SilversteinLearn about the great children’s poet, Shel Silverstein, and his work. There is a fun kid’s corner full o finteractive games and puzzles incorporating his poetry.
Jack PrelutskyAnother wildly goofy interactive website highlighting the first Children’s Poet Laureate, Jack Prelutsky, and his work.
Poetry 180The website has a poem for each day of the school year. Poems were selected by Billy Collins, U.S. Poet Laureate, 2001-2003.
- Poetry speaks to children [sound recording (CD book)]
- Author:Paschen, Elise
- Summary:Poetry Speaks to Children reaches into the world of poetry and pulls out the elements children love: rhyme, rhythm, fun and, every once in a while, a little mischief.
- Call #: J CD BOOK 811.008 POETRY
- My very first Mother Goose
- Author:Opie, Iona Archibald.
- Summary:To a small child, words are magical. And the most magical of all are the beloved, venerable words of Mother Goose. Now folklorist Iona Opie has gathered more than sixty treasured rhymes in their most perfect, honest form.
- Call #: J PICTURE MY
- Paint me like I am : teen poems from WritersCorps
- Summary:Teens who have taken part in writing programs run by a national nonprofit organization called WritersCorps are represented in this collection of poems which convey the words in the diverse voices of teenagers everywhere.
- Call #: YA 811.54 PAINT
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.