Explore - Money
Join Teton County Library in celebrating our 75th year as a public library! Our official birthday is in January, but we’ll keep the revelry going all year round, with monthly themes that spotlight and celebrate what the library and community offer to one another.
Below, find fun online resources and books to explore based on this month’s theme. Enjoy!
US MintA website developed by the U.S. Mint where students can learn about U.S. history, coins, and the U.S. Mint. Activities include games, timelines, and teacher lesson plans.
The MintThis website is where kids can learn about money: earning it, saving it, spending it, investing it, tracking it and safeguarding it.
Money as you growThis website, developed by the President’s Advisory Council on Financial Capability, provides 20 essential, age-appropriate financial lessons—with corresponding activities—that kids need to know as they grow.
- The coin counting book
- Author:Williams, Rozanne Lanczak
- Summary:Pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters and more star in this fun introduction to simple math and to the coins we carry in our pockets and purses every day.
- Call #: J 513.211 WILLIAMS R
- Dollars & sense for kids : what they need to know about money—and how to tell them
- Author:Bodnar, Janet
- Summary:Wise, warm and witty, “Dr. Tightwad”, a personal finance columnist, explains how to teach youngsters how money works, how to see through advertising hype, and distinguish wants from needs.
- Call #: 332.024 BODNAR J
- I can count money
- Author:Wingard-Nelson, Rebecca.
- Summary:This book explores how to count money .
- Call #: J 513.211 WINGARD-NELSON R
- Jobs for kids : a smart kid’s Q & A guide
- Author:Kiefer, Jeanne
- Summary:If you need some money-making advice, look no further. This book is bursting with good ideas on how smart kids can make money and have fun doing it.
- Call #: J 650.12 KIEFER
- The teen’s ultimate guide to making money when you can’t get a job: 199 ideas for earning cash on your own terms
- AuthorFryer, Julie
- Summary: Making money is about making smart decisions. This guide will put you on the right track to start earning your spending money, even if you cannot land a traditional first job.
- Call #: YA 650.1 FRYER J
The Library’s databases are fun and helpful, but you need a password to access them.
If you know the password, or are using a computer inside the library, link to any of the databases below and sign in.
BrainFuse - connect nowHomework Help Now!
Live online homework help 24/7 from expert tutors - submit a question to a tutor & receive live expert assistance.