Under direct or general supervision, performs manual and clerical duties in the library, according to defined procedures; shelves and retrieves library materials; and performs related work as required. Actively upholds the Library’s stated mission, vision and values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Shelves and files all library materials using appropriate filing system.
- Collects, discharges, sorts and files any materials used in the library.
- Keeps library in good order.
- Processes patron holds.
- Performs materials maintenance functions.
- Maintains materials displays.
- Repairs library materials.
- Performs library opening and closing procedures.
- Assists with setting up and taking down library programs and activities.
- Organizes and maintains Circulation Services Workroom
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- One or more years of relevant library experience is preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish, both verbally and in writing, preferred.
Required Knowledge of:
- Practices of public libraries, including basic library principles, procedures, and philosophy of service.
- Alphabetical and decimal numeric filing systems.
Required Skills in:
- Accuracy and thoroughness with filing, materials placement and following procedural steps.
- Keeping current on established library policies and procedures and applying them fairly.
- Providing customer service to the public in a quick, friendly and efficient manner.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with coworkers and other individuals in contact with during the course of work.
- Ability to accept delegation and work under general direction with or without close supervision.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing and possessing strong active listening skills
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to bend, move and lift objects up to 35 pounds.
Teton County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer