Get or Renew Your Card
Library cards are free for Teton County, WY residents. With your library card, you can borrow materials from our libraries in Jackson, and Alta, WY. You can also use your card at all public libraries in Wyoming.
Library cards need to be renewed every two years. If you’ve given us your email address, we will send you a reminder before your renewal date.
If you are not a Teton County, WY resident, Out-of-County Cards with the same privileges as County Cards are available for a $20 annual fee at the Front Desk.
To get or renew your library card, please bring:
1. Photo I.D.
2. Your mailing address.
- Wyoming Driver’s license with Teton County, WY address *
- property tax receipt
- current utility bill
- car or voter registration
- Mexican matricula consular card with Teton County, WY address*
- cable TV bill
- rent receipt for at least one month
- letter stating rental residence on an official letterhead signed by a landlord
* A Wyoming driver license with a Teton County, Idaho mailing address is proof of residence.
Library Card FAQs
- A Wyoming driver license can be your photo I.D. and proof of residence.
- Youth library cards can be renewed by a parent or guardian with proof of physical address.
- A PIN comes with your card, it gives you great access to online services, ebooks, library-purchased databases and more.
- Ages 0-13: A parent must be present to get or renew a library card for their child and must provide proof of residency as described above.
- Ages 14-18: Teens may get or renew a library card with a Teton County School District I.D. or with a parent.
- View Youth Services Card Policies
- The Educator Library Card entitles educators who teach in Teton County, Wyoming, including Alta, Wyoming, a free Teton County Library Card regardless of their personal residence. Educators include preschool teachers, day care providers, private school teachers, public school teachers, afterschool and youth summer program instructors, and home school teachers.
- View Educator Card Policies