Early literacy texting service
- For parents and caregivers with children ages 3 to 5
- 3 texts per week
- Tips and tools that help your child learn
- In English and Spanish
Research shows that receiving these helpful texts can significantly increase children’s learning.
How to sign up
• Age 3: text R4K WY3 to 70138
• Age 4: text R4K WY4 to 70138
• Kindergarten: text R4K WY5 to 70138
For Spanish, simply add an “E” to the end of the text:
• Age 3 text R4K WY3E to 70138
• Age 4: text R4K WY4E to 70138
• Kindergarten: text R4K WY5E to 70138
About the service
University of Wyoming’s Literacy Research Center and Clinic teamed up with Stanford University to develop and research Ready4K to make this service available in Wyoming.
In spring 2016, Ready4K was piloted and tested in Teton and Sublette Counties in Wyoming through leadership and coordination by Children’s Learning Center.
Now, statewide organizations, including the Wyoming Library Association and Wyoming Head Start Association, are supporting outreach efforts to parents of preschoolers and kindergartners.