Library staff standing by to help you learn more
Schedule an appointment for up to one hour of one-on-one help from a library staff member.
Help we offer:
- Downloading eBooks and other materials from our digital collections
- Using library resources, including the catalog or subscription databases
- PC and Mac basic computer skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel basic skills
- Finding a good read for you, your child, or your book club
- Resources to help with a school or personal research project
- Social Media basics (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Genealogy help
- Lynda.com help
Help we don't offer:
- Troubleshooting, repairing, or maintenance on personal devices
- Medical, legal, financial, or business advice (though we can often refer you to helpful resources)
- Creating, typing, or proofreading documents for you
- Setting up a laptop or mobile device
- Assisting with credit card transactions
- Appraising art, coins, antiques, or other collectibles
- Tax assistance
Other frequently-asked questions:
How often may I use the service?
You may use the service up to one 60 minute session per week and up to 8 sessions in a 3 month period.
How do I make an appointment?
Visit the front desk of the library or call 307-733-2164 (press 1) and let the staff person know the topic with which you'd like help and they will tell you what instructors are available for your need. Once you've made the appointment the instructor will call you for further information about your questions, so he or she can better prepare for your appointment.
Where do I go for my appointment?
Please check in at the front desk in the main wing of the library for your appointment.
Who will be helping me?
Your information request and staff availability will determine which staff person will be able to assist you.