Free Tax Prep
By IRS-certified volunteers
What it covers
- Federal income taxes (including self-employment income)
- Tax credit eligibility
- Electronic filing
What you need to bring
- Government issued photo ID
- Social security cards or ITIN letters for taxpayers and dependents
- Last year’s tax return (bring copy)
- All W-2, 1095 (health insurance) and 1099 forms for the tax year
- Bank account numbers for direct deposit
- Evidence for deductions such as mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable contributions and medical expenses
- Receipts for child care expenses, and the provider’s tax ID number
We’ve got buzzers (like at busy restaurants), so you can browse the library while you wait!
Every Wednesday, February 1-April 12, 3-7 p.m.
Offered first come, first served (Get here early!)
JAN 31-APR 8
Tuesdays, 4-7 p.m.
Saturdays, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
No appointment necessary
How it works
- Drop off your tax information at the Computer Lab
- Meet with tax preparer
- Complete a questionnaire
- Leave your required documents
- We complete your tax return
- Return to review and sign your completed taxes
NEW: Self-preparation with assistance
Assistance available during drop off and in-person hours
- Do your own taxes online, using United Way’s MyFreeTaxes
- Stop in to ask questions
- Free to income earners of $64,000 or less; nominal fee for higher income
The program is free and open to the community with support from donations, large and small, to the Teton County Library Foundation.