Afterschool at the Library
Email Mary or call at 307-733-2164, ext. 3249 for more information.
This is a free, drop-in program. View the calendar of events.
Monday - Art Association of Jackson Hole
Tuesday - Crafts with Rachel
Wednesday - Perler beads with Beth
Thursday - Movies with Jessica
Friday - Fun Fridays with Laura
Rules for the Program
The following are rules regarding the program:
- Make sure your child knows that if they leave a structured activity early they will not be allowed to return to the activity.
- Please consider whether your child is mature enough to handle being unsupervised in a public space before sending them to the library after school.
- Remember, children under age 8 must be supervised by someone age 12 or older.
Keep your child safe
Children under 8 must be supervised by someone 12 years of age or older. If left unattended, you will be notified. If unreachable, the police will be called. Ensure your child knows how to contact you and that the library has your contact information.
Discipline and Safety
Discipline and safety is a partnership between the library and parents. If a parent is unreachable, police will be called. If a parent is unresponsive to the library’s communication regarding discipline and safety, the library may revoke the child’s library privilege for a period of time determined by our Youth Services Manager and Library Director.
- Any of your child’s behaviors that staff deem unsafe, disruptive or disrespectful - to themselves, other children, staff, volunteers or other library patrons - will result in your child needing to leave the library (for the day or longer). This includes physical actions and verbal interactions, as well as damage to facilities, yard and landscaping, equipment or supplies.
- If your child engages in behavior that is unsafe, disruptive or disrespectful, you will be called and you must make arrangements to pick up your child. Your child will remain with library staff until you arrive.
- Library staff will discuss the inappropriate behavior / incident with you and your child and review the library’s behavior and use expectations.
- Repetitive misbehavior may be documented in an incident report and may result in loss of library privileges for a period of time determined by our Youth Services Manager and Library Director.